Sunday 26 May 2013

Dashboard Confessional


Dashboard Confessional is hitting our shores this week as part of the Soundwave Festival.  It has been a couple of years since Dashboard have toured down under although time around it is just singer-songwriter Chris Carrabba accompanied by his trusty guitar.

“I am more than anything else excited that I get to go over on my own with just my guitar. The first time I came to Australia by then I already had a band. Other places I have gone like the UK or Canada and certainly America and Germany I started the same way. I just brought my guitar and showed up and played. I think that’s it an important connection to have. There is the backpacker mentality of going there without any kind of safety net. Just going over, you feel a lot closer to the people you are playing for, and ultimately you get a closer connection to the place you’re in. Well I do anyway.”



No comments:

Post a Comment